Today Microgate launched the new version of Optojump Next 1.2, which includes numerous new features, the most important ones being:
- Gait Analysis: with the modular version it is possible to analyze not only an athlete's run but also his gait over a distance of a number of meters and with a resolution of 1 cm. Extraction of classic Gait Analysis data (Stance, Swing, Single Support, Double Support, etc.) for each foot separately.
- New Treadmill Tests for run and gait analysis.
- New Tapping Test.
- Advanced management of Test Configuration Parameters.
- Saving an Analysis: saving the status of a single test or of a comparison of two tests without having to reset all parameters when accessed. It is possible to associate notes and the trainer's signature, which will then be published in the report.
- Saving a still-frame of the video as video overlay.
- Differentiated results of right and left foot data also for Jump Tests.
The following is a list of the new features divided by module:
- New test types: Tapping and Treadmill Gait Test
- New preset test types have been added (Drop Jump, optical reaction, acoustic reaction, optical-acoustic reaction, CMJ with free arms, Stiffness with free arms and -- in the Gait Analysis category -- Gait Test).
- It is now possible to add a note before saving a completed test.
- • Test type names have been changed:
- Jump Test (previously called Flight/Contact Times)
- Sprint and Gait Test (previously called Walkjump)
- Treadmill Running Test (previously called Rolljump)
- Treadmill Gait Test (new)
- Tapping Test (new)
- Automatic continuous test acquisition (looping) without having to save manually, with a configurable intermediate pause.
- The predefined test types are easier to distinguish and separated from those created by the user.
- The 'secondary' parameters of a test type, which previously could only be accessed under General Configuration (e.g. Minimum Contact Time, etc.) can now be associated with different values to the test type and also to a single test (level inheritance: general config., test definition, single test)
- New 'Maximum Flight Time [ms]' parameter for Jump Tests
- Creating and saving Analyses, i.e. a set of certain viewing configurations with notes, signature, graphical notes on still-images, etc.
- Multiple selection of tests to analyze using the usual Shift (contiguous selection) and Ctrl (discrete selection) functions
- Editing a test note from the List Test (right button) or assigning it to another athlete
- Editing an analysis note from the List Analysis (right button) or assigning it or renaming it
- Generating PDF files for each test in the 'Test Analysis' window using the Print Screen button
- In the View Tests window now you can view Optojump bars with turned on synchronized LEDs and all other information, as well as videos, graphs, and numerical data.
- The 'lock' button allows to block scrolling Optojump bars when playing a test
- Graph buttons have colors, which can be used as a legend for histograms and bars
- For Sprint/Gait Tests the Numerical Data Table is divided into two pages, one being for run data and one for walk data
- The Numerical Data Table for Tapping Tests is divided into four pages: left and right foot, left foot only, right foot only, left and right foot comparison
- Improved Line Management Menu (right button on the Numerical Data Table) for managing deleted/highlighted lines.
- Assigning the 'Starting Foot' of a test using the Line Management Menu, if it has not been defined before the beginning of the test or if it differs
- Viewing the used foot (right or left) in the graph labels, in a numerical data column, and in the Optojump bar simulator using a graphical footprint (proportionally resized depending on the interrupted LEDs)
- Customizing logos and personal data of your office/company in print reports.
Video Analysis Module
- Video overlay image: drawing on a still pictures using the graphical tools, save as overlay image, and save or hide it when playing a video
- Saving an analyzed still picture on a disc and in the Print Report with note and name
- Using the Shift-and-click function on a web cam video in 'Compare Test' both images of the comparison are imported into the Video Analysis Module; the images are saved side-by-side in the Report.
- Sample Ruler and Line with measure: calculating and measuring using a known sample as reference (e.g. a step)
- Changes in the way Anglo-Saxon measures are managed (height and steps now are in inch.decimal, whereas distances are in yards,ft.inch.decimal)
- Under 'Optojump HW Test' interrupted LEDs (e.g. because of hills or obstacles) can easily be detected and excluded from the test results using a filter.
- Exporting a complete database containing athletes, tests, videos, and images to a compressed format (.OJN file)
- Importing an .OJN file from another PC or from a backup
- Duplicating the current database using 'Save as...'
- Cleaning data choosing what to delete (all, only tests, athlete and group data, etc.)
- Enhanced information management for netbooks with smaller monitors and little computing capacity
- Viewing published news and events on the software 'Home Page'
- Changes and improvement of some algorithms for step acquisition
- Various performance enhancements and bug fixes
- Better Logitech web cam driver management
- Explanations, illustrations, and description of all terms and concepts used for Sprint Analysis: Step, Stride, Angles, Toe-Heel, etc.
- Definition of all terms and concepts of Gait Analysis, Gait Cycle composition, Stance and Swing phases, intermediate phases of Load Response, Support and Pre Swing, Single and Double support, etc.)
- Inserting all formulas and algorithms in order to obtain calculated data (speed, acceleration, energy, height, etc.)